Oldham, KY – The PERFECT KY Hub for Your Group
Come TOUCH the Memories in Oldham, KY! Conveniently located on I-71 at Exits 14-22, just 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Louisville, and 60 minutes from Cincinnati, Oldham entertains groups large and small with its own popular Kentucky Attractions: Bourbon, Horses, Trains & Underground Railroad History!
You’ve Already Been There AND Done That? Even if you have visited similar Kentucky attractions, you will find a unique TWIST to everything in Oldham, KY – including our personalized service! We have become the perfect solution for Group Tour Operators who find themselves repeating, “We’ve been there and done that!”
Whether you are looking for a student tour, history tour, farm tour, interactive hands-on tour, art tour, walking tour, cemetery tour, or driving tour, our Oldham KY Groups office makes it easy and hassle-free for you!
Here are just a few attractions that have become huge Oldham group favorites and can be found “Only in Oldham.” Be sure to check out our Bonus Group Perks below, including Kentucky Tour Planning Services with HONEST feedback and suggestions:
ONLY in OLDHAM… Be sure to watch our NEW video!
Oldham Farm Tours – Oldham is the ONLY “Farm Tour Capital of Kentucky” with 15 hands-on farm tours available April – October – including hands-on horse farm tours, conservation & green tours, foodie farms, and unique animal tours. A group favorite in the morning and another in the late afternoon!
Kentucky Artisan Distillery – A favorite on the Kentucky Bourbon Craft Trail, KAD is very unique in that it is home to 3 high-end bourbons, and offers tastings of all – Jefferson’s Bourbons, Highspire Rye, and Whiskey Row. A group favorite outdoor spot for an “included” catered buffet dinner on the deck with a distillery tour! Also located next door to another group favorite, Yew Dell Botanical Gardens.
Trains on Main – La Grange is the ONLY town in the US with a freight train running ON its Main Street, creating the most unique dining and shopping experience in the country. Be sure to watch our NEW video to feel the rumble! A favorite spot for after-lunch shopping within walking distance of the Oldham Historical Society below (National Underground Railroad Designation). Also a favorite spot for dinner or a nightcap on the tracks!
National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Designations – Oldham has the ONLY facility site designation in Kentucky! The Bibb Escapes/Gatewood Plantation received a site designation and the J. C. Barnett Library & Archives of the Oldham County History Center received a facility designation from the National Park Service in 2016. Groups love to hear Dr. Nancy Theiss, Executive Director of the Oldham Historical Society, speak about the Designations during an “included” catered buffet lunch, then tour the museum!
Not only is Oldham, KY minutes from Louisville and Cincinnati, we are close to some of the most visited regional attractions in Kentucky – just in case you haven’t “been there, done that”! Our longtime Executive Director is also the Regional Marketing Chair and knows those attractions as well! Take advantage of her knowledge by seeing our Bonus Hub & Spoke Perks below!
Oldham’s Hotel Hub & Spoke Perks (Groups of 10+ with hotel stay)
- • LOW 3% Transient Room Tax
- • No city traffic or construction and EASY ramp access on/off I-71
- • Welcome Bags at Hotel Check-in
- • Complimentary Catering Planning (great for “included” meals!)
- • Oldham KY Tourism Director “Meet & Greet”
- • Complimentary in-county guest speakers in Oldham event spaces
- • Access to Attraction Itinerary Photos in Dropbox for your marketing
BONUS Perk! Stay in Oldham Hotels for 2 nights and receive Complimentary Regional Trip Planning Assistance (including discounts where available) by Oldham KY Tourism Executive Director, Kim Buckler, for such regional attractions as:
Creation Museum & Ark Encounter – NEW!
Oldham Farm Tours (I-71)
Elk Creek Winery (I-71)
Kentucky Derby Museum
Louisville Slugger Factory
Belle of Louisville (public)
Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
Louisville Science Center
Claudia Sanders Restaurant
Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill
Bourbon Trail & Craft Distilleries
Main Street LaGrange (I-71)
Kentucky Artisan Distillery (I-71)
Smith Berry Winery (I-71)
Ohio River Cruise on CQ Princess Yacht (private)
Louisville Stoneware Factory
Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass
Muhammad Ali Center
Frazier History Museum
Kentucky Center for the Arts
National Corvette Museum
Mammoth Cave & KY Down Under
Popular Oldham Group Itineraries
Oldham in a Nutshell (2 nights, 3 days)
Our most popular group tour for those passing through Oldham, KY on their way to another destination – especially those arriving in the evening at La Grange hotels. Tour content depends on day traveling. A cooking class can also be included.
- Check-In meal in hotel conference room or at local restaurant (reservations made) – great “included” meal option!
- Full Day 1 – Hidden Treasures in Crestwood – Includes farm tour #1 in the morning, lunch and shopping at Sisters Tea Parlor or Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, farm tour #2 in the afternoon, a distillery tour at Kentucky Artisan Distillery with “included” catered buffet dinner of Kentucky comfort foods.
- Full Day 2 – A Day in Historic La Grange (A Train Runs Through It!) – Includes a tour of the newly renovated, interactive Oldham History Center Campus and Museum with Underground Railroad guest speaker, catered buffet lunch (“included” meal), shopping on historic Main Street in La Grange, an afternoon horse farm tour, then dinner in downtown La Grange.
- Day 3 – Check Out
Oldham’s Foodie Tour (2 nights, 3 days)
By popular demand! Get a behind-the-scenes taste and tour of 4 farms of your choice! Oldham Farm Tours offers a selection of 6 tours that are dedicated to growing organic foods and herbs and practicing conservation! They are award-winning farms who supply food to local restaurants, hotels such as 21C, and regional farmer’s markets. We can help you decide which to choose. Visit our Farm Tours page for complete descriptions. With notice, an interactive cooking class can be conducted with Tourism’s Executive Director & The Foodie Tourist, Kim Buckler.
- • Harvest Moon Dairy (Dean’s milk supplier, milk a cow – best as a 3pm tour)
- • Meadowview Farm & Habitat Gardens (organic produce, garlic, popcorn, KY native plants)
- • Dropseed Nursery & Field 51 Produce (produce, chickens, sheep, KY native plants)
- • Hemmer Hill Sheep Farm (sheep, gourmet CSA, and mushrooms)
- • Woodland Farm (KY Bison Co.) (bison, heritage animals, organic orchard)
- • Rootbound Farm (organic produce and grass-fed lamb)
Educational Oldham (2 nights, 3 days)
One of our most popular tours! This tour centers around interactive education – for adults!
- • Full Day 1 – Tour the newly renovated, interactive Oldham County History Center Campus and Head Museum (home of 2 Underground Railroad Designations from the National Park Service), then enjoy a catered buffet lunch on the History Center campus in the Rob Morris Chapel. After lunch, walk (and shop) the streets of downtown La Grange – the ONLY town in the US with a train running ON its Main Street – to enjoy an art demonstration in the studio of one of our many artists. After shopping, tour a La Grange horse farm to learn what “real” life on a Kentucky horse farm is like…good, bad and indifferent. Next, enjoy dinner in downtown La Grange.
- • Full Day 2 – Enjoy a guided behind-the-scenes tour of Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, an internationally-recognized center of gardening, plants and education, all offered in a stunning site of significant historical importance. Yew Dell is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a Preservation Partner Project of the Garden Conservancy, a national non-profit dedicated to saving the Nation’s most exceptional gardens. Next, enjoy a boxed lunch from Red Pepper Deli on the grounds of Yew Dell. After lunch, enjoy a private tour of our sheep farm where you’ll learn about raising gourmet produce, shitake & oyster mushrooms, and St. Croix sheep. After your sheep farm tour, enjoy a buffet dinner on the deck at Kentucky Artisan Distillery and tour this unique craft distillery. Learn the importance of growing and using local grains for their 3 high-end bourbons, including Highspire Rye – a whiskey made using local rye grown at the historic Waldeck Mansion. With plenty of notice, your group can enjoy a cooking class of Kentucky foods with sampling!
Oldham Student Tours (4 hours minimum)
There’s a reason Oldham KY is the “Farm Tour Capital of Kentucky,” with 15 educational, hands-on farm tours. Oldham Farm Tours were written and marketed after visiting the National FFA Convention for 2 years in Indianapolis where we spoke specifically with students about their agricultural interests. Our tours can be customized to any number and any age. Have a student education plan to follow? Let us know and we will design a farm tour to complement your student plan. Guest speakers can be provided, cooking classes can be taught, and farm lunches can also be included.
Other Fun Student Attractions: Oldham County Aquatic Center at Wendell Moore Park, Open Range Sports (indoor paintball reball arena) with Hometown Pizza Party or Pizza Food Truck.
Small Town Kentucky Tour (6 nights, 7 days) – An Operator Favorite!
If you take a look at a lot of the most visited attractions in Kentucky, you’ll find that most of them are in our small towns. Want a horse farm tour? Come to Oldham, KY for a horse farm tour where you can actually touch a horse! Mammoth Cave…also located in a small town! Personalized distillery tours… small towns are where you’ll find the craft tours! Even the likes of Shaker Village, Kentucky Down Under, Whistle Stop and Claudia Sanders restaurants… all small towns.
This is a FABULOUS tour of Small Town Kentucky, if you’ve never been here… or if you’ve only visited the obvious cities – Louisville and Lexington! In this tour you’ll cover Northern Kentucky down to Oldham, KY then over to Bardstown and Harrodsburg, then onto the likes of Mammoth Cave, Glendale and Bowling Green – all with spots for meals. This Special Tour was a request we put together for our Tour Operator friends in Minnesota! We can plan the entire 7 days for you or pick areas of the state that flow with your travel itinerary. This tour was designed to bring a group into Kentucky, and leave a different route to sightsee as much as possible without backtracking.